Garden

first timw planting why are these getting brown??

Texas

These are probably brown because of a combination of high heat and a bit too much sun. I see that they are probably getting shade as the sun moves but with this heat they may still be getting too much sun.

Elaine David

Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service

Dallas County Master Gardeners

Thsnks for your previous response, I recentlr planted these the first one started to get brown in the ends and the second getting brown leaves in the bottom is that normal ?

This plant appears to be a Color Guard Yucca. Brown leaf tips are generally a sign of being under watered. These plants require little water, but they do need some added moisture, especially when there is no rainfall. Let soil dry out in between watering. And a layer of 2-3" of good mulch is always recommended around plants (not touching) to help maintain consistency of soil temps and moisture levels.

Thanks, Debbie S.