Lespedeza in flower bed

I have an infestation of lespedeza in my flower bed. Last fall I sprayed glyphosphate on it. But it's back and worse than ever. What can you recommend? I have lots of daffodil bulbs in this area so am concerned about losing them. Maybe I should remove them before proceeding with a herbicide? Do I also need a pre-emergent? Should I treat the lawn that borders this flower bed also? Thanks so much for your help. I am plagued by this noxious weed!

Lancaster County Virginia weed issues

Pesticide applications made in Virginia Should be made from the Virginia Home and Grounds Pest Management Guide (PMG).

http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/456/456-018/ENTO-238.pdf

Lespedeza is a difficult weed to eliminate and as stated in the Virginia PMG requires a mixture of 2,4-D, Dicamba, and triclopyr, or MCPP for an acceptable treatment. Examples of premixed formulas that contain these ingredients are:

-Ferti-lome Weed-Out Lawn Weed Killer with TrimecĀ® Concentrate
-Southern Ag Lawn Weed Killer with TrimecĀ® Concentrate
-Bayer Advanced Southern Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate; or RTS
-Bonide Weed Beater Lawn Weed Killer Concentrate
-Spectracide Weed Stop Weed Killer for Lawns Concentrate; or RTS
* I in no way am endorsing one of these trade name over another, but am only using these as examples.

These formulations typically only affect plants that are actively growing, however taking the extra precaution of removing the bulbs within the treatment area would assure that they would not be harmed. Additionally, treating the lawn around your bed would lessen the chance that this issue occurs again in the future.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Lancaster County Extension office at 804-462-5780.