Cherry flowering tree seems to be wilting early

After beautiful blossoms in the spring, my flowering cherry tree is losing its leaves. The only difference I can see between this year and previous years is all the rain. It is wet there and we do get “springs” in the yard occasionally. We also notice a few webs in the tree (maybe caterpillar?). I planted this tree over 20 years ago.

Anne Arundel County Maryland trees and shrubs foliage wilting cherry tree

Ornamental cherry trees need well-drained soil. It is true we have had an abundance of rain this year and certainly, too much moisture can cause wilting. This looks very dramatic though. Has water been pooling around the root system or has anything change nearby the tree? You mention "springs" how long does the water stay there?
As far as the webbing that has nothing to do with the wilting. What you are seeing is the first generation of fall webworm, please see the following information from our website,
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/fall-webworm-trees
dr