feeding you plants

All my plants have started producing. I currently am using a seaweed and fish fertilizer plus compost tea.
I concerned I'm not giving them enough nutrition. Any suggestions on how I can make improvements .
Joe Losito
joe@jlosito.com

Guilford County North Carolina

The only way to answer that question is by doing a soil test to determine exactly what nutrients are in your soil. However, by the time you get results back, the growing season will be too far along to matter. For this reason, we suggest that you do the soil test BEFORE planting next spring. (For the record, compost tea is a very poor source of nutrients...good for plants, not harmful, but very limited in usefulness.). For next season, pick up a soil test kit At the Extension office, follow the instructions, and base next year’s fertilizer applications on the results. The report will tell you what, and how much, to add. The Master Gardener Volunteers can help you when you go to the Extension office.