My previous query about black walnut and juglone.

I have done the things you suggest with some success. A big problem of course I cannot mulch any thing because it may contaminate other parts of the garden. I had a rain barrel and collected the water from one side of the house and used to water new plants and could not understand why they did not thrive. My father was a professional gardener and saved rainwater for that very purpose. During our early days in Canada I became a keen gardener because everything grew so fast and usually bigger so this garden became a bit of a disappointment in some parts. I have learned to live with it. I am trying to find a way to deter rabbits. They seem to find a way in! Thanks for your reply. Brian Burton

Outside United States wildlife management

Hello again, Brian. Any Extension office will indicate that strong and deep fencing is the only effective remedy, but I found this resource that might be of help: https://www.urbannaturestore.ca/controlling-rabbits/ If your desire is to trap them, please consult with local and provincial authorities about legal requirements. Good luck!