Yellow/Black pear leaves

I just got a new Asian Pear tree ‘20th Century’. Within 4 days the leaves started turning yellow with black spots. It gets full sun for 5-6 hours everyday. I’ve added Ironite to the soil because I feel I may have overwatered it. Am I missing something or do I just need to allow time for the tree to repair itself? Thanks for the advice.

Cumberland County North Carolina pear trees horticulture

It looks like it could be a combination of transplant shock and a leaf spot disease. It will take a year for it to grow out of this type of stress. I would also recommend that you go to your local garden center and purchase a home orchard spray. A regular fungicide/insecticide program is usually necessary to be successful with fruit trees in this area. For further information, please contact Jason Weathington at 910-321-6870 or our Master Gardener Hotline at 910-321-6882.