Curling Leaves

The leaves on my Japanese lilac tree are curling under. There is another twin tree right next to that one and it is fine. I had someone out to look at it but they said it is getting too much water. Hard to believe because of the one next to it is healthy. No bugs on the leaves. HELP

Hennepin County Minnesota

We can't be sure what's causing the leaves to curl without seeing the tree. If you reply to this message and attach sharp photos of the tree and affected leaves, we will try to help.

Some things that cause leaf curl are virus diseases, herbicide damage, aphids and environmental/physiological conditions. When aphids are present, they are usually found hidden beneath the most tightly curled portions of affected leaves.

Why are the leaves on my Japanese lilac tree curling. There is another tree a twin next to it and that seems to be thriving. They get the same amount of water, and I see no aphids or any kind of bugs on it can you please help me