Plant Identification

Can you please help. My son lives in home in Corvallis, Southtown and has this plant growing in his backyard. I've asked all around and am unable to identify it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. It appears to be a shade plant of some sort and grows under the trees mostly.

Benton County Oregon plant identification horticulture perennials

Hi there. I have to admit I was stumped by this plant. However I called upon a several other Master Gardener friends and two of them were able to identify it as Persicaria virginiana. Armed with this information I was able to find out the variety based on the interesting leaf markings. The variety is called 'Brushstroke'. This plant will spread and also reseed, is deciduous and will have small white flowers. It is an interesting plant, enjoy it.

Thank you so very much! A gardener at the farmers market thought it started with a "p" but she couldn't remember the full name. Again, thank you so much.