Early leaf drop poplar trees

I have numerous tulip poplar trees on my property, and the leaf drop right now seems incredibly excessive and terribly messy in outdoor living spaces...it is like fall before fall. I am interested to know if this is usual. I have had leaf drop previous years mid-summer, but never as early in June as this year. the leaves are yellow with dark spots. Thank you.

Anne Arundel County Maryland disease issues tulip poplar abiotic issues trees early leaf drop early leaf drop from tulip poplar

Tulip poplars often have a leaf spot disease that is usually of little consequence. We need to see clear close-up photos of the spotted leaves in order to identify what leaf spot your tree has. You can attach photos easily to a reply.

One other possibility is that, because of excessively favorable conditions for growth this spring, the tree had put on more foliage that it needs and is shedding some--much as fruit trees will drop excess fruit.