A tick and Lyme disease

Gentlemen and Ladies: Is this a tick? I killed the tiny tick as seen in the attached jpeg. I have some Lyme disease symptoms, yet medical doctors and PAs won't test me for Lyme disease, said this was not a tick. Well parts of it are missing from when I slapped it on my bare knee. The graph paper squares are 1/4 inch. That means that 6 or more would fit on one square. Is this a tick, or is it too mangled to tell? Checking out information on Lyme disease can be illusive, local medical people deny any Lyme disease, in Oregon. Thank You, Stanley Buck

Lincoln County Oregon insect identification ticks lyme disease

This picture is a little difficult to work from but I am fairly certain that the picture above is of a spider, not a tick. Ticks, like spiders, are Arachnids. However, spiders' bodies have two segments, the cephalothorax (head and thorax) and the abdomen, while ticks' bodies aren't segmented in any way. From this picture, it looks like there are two body segments.

But I want to be clear, if you are experiencing any medical symptoms - please consult your doctor.