Indoor Lemon Tree

I have a really nice three year old lemon tree. It is indoors next to a window in Georgia. For the last twelve months it has been shedding leaves significantly. It is still growing fruit, and lots of it, but it has less and less leaves. Please see pic. I am not an expert on the subject but would like to bring this tree back to health. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thank you in advance for any help our courtesy.

Gwinnett County Georgia

The tree needs more light. Move it closer to the window. In the summer, you can put it outside, but bring it indoors before the first frost.

Timothy,
Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I very much appreciate your valuable time.
The plant is situated as close to the window as possible without potentially causing damage to the branches. When you say put it outside in the summer, do you mean 24X7 or just during the day? Will it not be shocked or impacted by going from a steady and consistent near window environment and temperature in the 75-85% degree range to an outside one that reaches high 90's? Thank you again.

You can move it outdoors. Place in a semi-shade location to start to help it get adjusted for a couple of weeks and then move in to full sun. Make sure it gets plenty of water.