type of caterpillar

Would love to know this carerpillar...yellow with black cat like shape with points on the head..seen on baptista. The upload didn't work...can I send via email? Thanks, Marge

Sussex County New Jersey caterpillars insect identification caterpillar identification insect

Unfortunately, I do not recognize this species of caterpillar and our caterpillar experts are currently away on research projects. The feeding the insect will do will cause little long lasting harm to the health of the plant. Additionally, birds will probably pick off the insects. If you feel the need to treat your plant, there are products at garden centers for this purpose; however, I do not think it is warranted in this situation based on the information provided. If there are further questions please feel free to contact the cooperative extension office in Georgetown at the Carvel Research and Education center.