Already Rooted Arborvitae

How do I go about planting Arborvitae thats already grown. My mother no longer wants hers so I am excavating them and transporting them to my yard but they are already grown.

District of Columbia County District of Columbia trees and shrubs transplanting transplanting arborvitae

There are many different kinds of arborvitae - some are trees and some are shrubs (would be easier to transplant). If these are full grown trees transplanting them could be difficult. When removing the plants you need to also remove as much of the root system as possible. Between the weight of the tree and the root ball, the trees will be very heavy to move.
This is not the best time for transplanting. But if you have to do it now, know that the trees will require regular watering through the summer. In our area, there are two transplanting seasons: mid to late fall, and late winter to early spring.
And if the trees or shrubs are large and well-established they should be root pruned first at least 6 months to a year before the move.
Please see the following information for more detail: http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/trees-and-shrubs/planting-process
Scroll down to transplanting first then follow the directions provided for the planting process
dr