ash tree leaves

ash trees barely leafed out. foliage small nearly white. not consistent with borer damage. trees have been injected with Tree-age

Washtenaw County Michigan ash trees

I would get a sample in to the MSU Diagnostic Lab in East Lansing to get their opinion on what is causing the stunted foliage and white leaves. This is unusual and I cannot provide an explanation for this. Please go to the following site for the MSU Diagnostic Services for their contact info, how to submit a sample, cost of submittal and their mailing address. https://pestid.msu.edu/

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your response. We will collect a sample and send it in. I want to share some photos with you and I've included them.

We've never seen anything like this. It's like the chlorophyll has been removed.

Guy Smith, Plant Health Care Manager/Horticulturist MSU Class of '85

Are there any other plants nearby that are also white? I have seen a herbicide used in a field drift on to nearby trees and turn them white,