Excess water in maple trees

I have a maple tree which has 4 trunks coming up from 1. The area in the center keeps filling up with water (and leaves) & stays there. In the past I emptied it out the best I could & dropped some clay from my Canton yard into it. That was a few yrs ago & I recently remembered about it. It was very full of water & leaves again. I scooped the leaves out again but I'm concerned it will start rotting from the constant pool of water. Looking to you for suggestions.

Mecosta County Michigan

Trees have survived with this “growing” condition for thousands of years without help from humans. They have built in medical systems that takes care of any problem like this automatically. However they do have problems if their bark is injured (usually by humankind) in those hollows then diseases or bacteria get into and under the bark and then you need human intervention usually in the form of an arborist (tree professional). If you need help in finding an arborist please get back with me. I have an excellent resource out of Purdue U that can help guide you through the steps of finding an excellent expert to help you. Thank you for using the Ask an Expert System