Killing Mosquitos in a vegetable garden

I have a small front garden with two raised beds. I do square foot gardening. My yard is full of tiger mosquitoes that are very aggressive. What insecticide can I use to control mosquitoes without harming veggies. I know to remove breeding areas, standing water, self watering pots etc. I want to cut down on the population of mosquitoes so I can safely work in my garden too.

Prince George's County Maryland wildlife pest control pest insects and mites

The best thing to do, in addition to removing standing water sources, would be to wear repellent. Look for one with DEET, picaridin, Icaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus. They are the most effective. Also look for other hidden areas of standing water -- trash and recycling bins, corrugated downspout pipes, etc., and remove the water. There is no insecticide we would recommend spraying around a vegetable garden to control mosquitoes. You can find additional information and recommendations here on our website: https://extension.umd.edu/hgic/controlling-mosquitoes

ckc

I already wear DEET and lemon eucalyptus on my skin and the mosquitos don’t seem to be effected by anything I use....

peace,
joan

In that case we suggest wearing long sleeves and pants.
Check the expiration date on the repellent, and try a new and different one.

We do wear protective clothing. The reason I am thinking of spraying is that the mosquito density in my garden is very high.

Thanks for for your Work!

peace
joan