Pears with orange powder

My established pear tree is showing an abundant crop this year. A small portion of the baby pears have a flat side that is covered with an orange powdery coat. I expect I will remove the affected fruits, but is this a sign that this tree needs something to keep it strong and healthy? Thank you. Liz

Lane County Oregon pear pear trees pear diseases

Would you be able to send me some pictures? I would like to see an image of the whole tree, branch with affected pears, and close ups of the pears showing the coating you describe.

Thanks

I have attached three photos. The limit. I’d appreciate any on-site you can share.

Thank tou. Liz

This looks to me like pear rust.

If this is pear rust there will likely be a host plant somewhere near you. Typically a conifer.
I am including a link to PNW article about pear rust at the end of this message for your information, but I would like you to take a sample, along with your images, to your local extension office. The Master Gardeners there will be able help you with a more positive identification. Here is link with location and contact information. https://extension.oregonstate.edu/lane