Problems Growing Peppers and Strawberries

Hi Expert Growers, I started a small backyard garden two months ago. Most plants are growing well, but I've had problems with the peppers (only the bells have produced fruit, also growing jalapenos, serranos, and habaneros) and the strawberries. Some of the peppers have large, soft, brown spots (see attached picture). A lot of the strawberries develop brown holes (see attached picture) and fall off the stem before ripening. I water several times a week (about 1 inch per week total), the garden is in direct sunlight for 8-10 hours a day, and I apply Miracle Gro fertilizer once a week. If you have any insight into what is going wrong, that would be most helpful! Thanks so much! Sarah

Hennepin County Minnesota strawberries peppers bell peppers pepper blossom end rot

The pepper fruits might be affected by blossom end rot. Go here to learn more about that:

Strawberries are susceptible to several kinds of fruit rot. The following bulletins discuss these. We aren't certain, but leather rot may be present on the fruit shown in the photo.