condition of a tree

Asked June 9, 2018, 12:48 PM EDT

Is there anyone associated with either the University, State or County that would come and determine the health of a tree, don't want to take it down, but worried about safety.

Talbot County Maryland certified arborist trees

1 Response

If the tree is in a public right of way, you might be able to get assistance from your town. Contact your local environmental or public works department. If the tree is on your private property, the best thing to do would be to contact a certified arborist. An arborist is trained to assess the overall health of a tree and can determine if there are pest/disease/decline issues that would require treatment, removal, or corrective pruning. You can find a certified arborist using this website from the arborist association.