Dealing with what I think i thinknis soil compaction

I think my soil is overly compacted...I think I tilled it too much and after it was too wet. I did add about 2 inches compost but again, tilled it in. Now I know! Early plantings not doing well...not growing much and looking weak/yellow/brown. For my tomatow plants I am going to add for each planting site a mix of 50:50 purchased garden soil (not the moisture control stuff, just the plain stuff):Leafgrow. I will mix this combo 50:50 with existing soil (i.e. 25:25:50 bought soil:Leafgrow:existing soil. In addition I am adding 1/4 limestone to each plant hole. This will be done today. It is after the fact, I know, since by the timw your read this I will already be done, but... want to know if this was too aggressive on my part?? As in, I "overfertilized"? Thia garden was created from.former farmland, that has been tilled and gardened since 2008.

Harford County Maryland soil vegetables

Your plan sounds solid. We assume that the purchased garden soil is a soilless growing media (potting soil with composted bark and other ingredients). Hopefully, crop roots will be able to penetrate the compacted soil. jt