Rose query

My climbing rose bloomed last year ordinary climbing rose this year when its bloomed it’s exactly like a dog rose why ?????

Outside United States roses

Thank you for your question. I'm having difficulty understanding what you view as being the difference, since dog rose is a type of climbing rose, albeit wild. Do you mean that you purchased a climbing rose that was not a dog rose, and now the leaves look like those of a dog rose? There are over one hundred species of climbing roses, and thousands of cultivars, so I don't know what two you're describing. More information will help. Thanks!

Yes bought not as a dog rose but it’s the fleets this year last year they were shaped like an ordinary rose bought for your garden now this year the flowers are red but shaped like a dog rose flower wide open petals and flat

Thank you. Since roses don’t change colors and petal shape over a year, I can only conclude that the rose you bought died, and a wild rose is growing in its place.

I just came across this article, which may interest you in your rose plant question.