Apple Pests

We had a client come into our Gladwin County Extension office. He brought in some samples of apple buds from his apple trees. All three of his apple trees are affected in the same way. There seems to be a similar problem happening on his peach and cherry tree as well. He has sprayed the tree several times with All Seasons spray with no luck. He would like to know what they are and what he needs to do to eradicate it. If you would like, I can cut into the sample and send pictures to you. If you need some more information, please let me know. Thank you!

Gladwin County Michigan apple insects

Those are the egg laying scars of plum curculio. This beetle lays its eggs in small fruit after bloom. http://www.ipm.msu.edu/insects/plum_curculio
Not sure what is in All Seasons spray.
I have answered several questions on home fruit this week and I am send them to Kentucky to find their Home Fruit Spray Recommendations.
Looks like they also have apple scab on the apple with the dark spot on the stem.