Food Preference

Asked June 6, 2018, 7:42 PM EDT

The School I work at does not cater to food allergies or food preference. The parent is to provide a substitute to what the child is allergic/ prefers to. Is their a form that I can make stating that they are responsible for providing these items for their child. or sany special wording that should be used?

Hawaii County Hawaii

1 Response

Before creating a form or document to inform parents please contact your school administrator to access school policy; then you can use that wording. Also, you can reference the CDC policy on food allergies ( found at this website Another reference would be to contact your state department of education, school lunch program coordinator who may provide you with samples of parent communications used by other schools in your state.