Suspected Sinkhole

Asked June 6, 2018, 11:15 AM EDT

We have a suspected sinkhole slowly opening in our back yard, within 25' of the house. Can you put me in touch with a contractor who can A) evaluate the situation and B) take action to prevent collapse? The attached photo shows a log inside the hole. Tree roots seem to be holding some of the soil in place, but cool air is coming up from the hole, as if a cave lies beneath.

Woodford County Kentucky

1 Response

Yes, you can contact Natural Resource Conservation Service and they will send someone out to assess it. The contact number is 502-633-3640 ext.3.
Let me know if you have any other questions.