Old Florida oak

I have a very old, tall oak that has been trimmed by easily a ton of wood last year and again just recently. The ground has changed around the base due to it being so heavy, but I think I have improved the weight distribution with the aggressive trimming. My question is the "tree guy" thinks it is rotting due to a telltale stain on the side, and that it should be taken down. I have seen this tree weather 80 mph hurricane winds without even budging, and this is before any material was removed. This staining is new, I am pretty sure. I am wondering if he is looking for another big payday by making me nervous and this tree is at risk of damaging my neighbor's or my house. Hurricane season is here again. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Volusia County Florida

Based on the pictures, I cannot tell if the tree may fall. I suggest that you get a Consulting Certified Arborist who does not work for a tree care company. To find one, refer to the website of the International Society of Arboriculture:

www.isa-arbor.org.