Disease ID

I have a couple of Juniper procumbens nana Bonsai that have a foliage issue....drying out and weak, slight brown tips, and they do not die out completely for the most part. Some branches have recovered and are returning to health, but 80% have this issue. It started about 3 years ago and slowly crept over the trees. I have reached out to members of our local club, and read somewhere that all procumbens are getting this issue but nobody seems to know what it is or how to treat it. I have tried repotting in a porous soil mixture and misted, as well as treatment with Mancozeb. I may try Clearys 333. I understand that you have a program/service that can take a sample and analyze it? Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. I have had these for 30 years now and have grown fond of them and I don't want to put them in the burn pile. Thank you in advance for your attention to this. Regards, Brian Lonstad

Clark County Washington

Please email (gardenem@clark.wa.gov) or call 360-397-6060 x5711 to reach our
Master Gardener clinic who will help you with your questions. You can also drop
by our office during clinic hours: