what keeps local animals, i.e. squirrels, rabbits, from eating or pulling out garden flowers and pla

It may also deer but we haven't seen them in the front yard. We don't want to do anything that will hurt the animals but we want to protect and maintain the investment in the plants. I also wondered if lawn decorations that spin or move do they help keep them at bay.

Kane County Illinois wildlife management

Thank you for your question. There is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to wildlife management in the home garden. Here is an excellent resource, with links for specific animals, that might be helpful. Your state's Extension service has another publication whose information might be more relevant to your area, and has links to a variety of legal and other resources for you. I haven't found any research on the use of moveable lawn decorations, probably because the animals learn there is no threat. No dummies, they! Good luck!