Verticillium wilt

I have a 2 year old Japanese Silk tree in my back yard. It does get full sun. It flowered once last year with one flower, and all the flower buds died this year. The leaves are wilting. I was looking up the care of this tree o the internet, and I think it's Verticillium wilt .

I live in St. Clair Shores. Please help me with this problem. I have not fertilized yet.

Thanks.

Joan Sikora

Macomb County Michigan

Japanese Silk tree spring day of The (Syringa reticulate) Is known for it’s beautiful upright Floral structures during the summer months. It is also known to be susceptible to Verticillum Wilt, a fungal disease, that usually attacks without warning. It’s evidence exhibits are through the browning of the leaves, and the branch entire, first of one and then more as the tree entire dies. This can however be avoided through regular fertilizing and watering. The branches that do die from this fungus should be pruned out as soon as the dying branch exhibits this behavior. Thank you for using the Ask an Expert System.