In my work for a landscaping company I take care of a memorial sidewalk made...

In my work for a landscaping company I take care of a memorial sidewalk made out of bricks I think are granite. I have discovered that the glyphosate herbicide product I have been using for weeds in the sidewalk is causing brown staining. Do you know of an effective herbicide that does not stain granite. Or, can you direct me to a source? Thank you.

Lucas County Ohio

Good morning. I apologize for the delay. I have been looking for information and haven't found anything. I have contacted one of the OSU state specialists who works with weeds and he is also looking into some things. I will be in connect when I hear back from Dr. Gardner.

Here is an email message I just received from Dr. Gardner with OSU. Hope this helps:

Bayer Advanced makes a product called Natria Grass and Weed Killer that is supposed to be non-staining. It is supposed to also give control of roots. Most of the other options for non-selective are contact and so the application frequency would be much higher.

Hopefully this helps,

Dave Gardner

Associate Professor, Turfgrass Science

240B Howlett Hall, 2001 Fyffe Ct.

Columbus, OH 43210

614-292-9002