placing a geographic location on Google Earth

What is the procedure for getting a placemark show on Google Earth when anybody opens the application and types in the unique name of the placemark?
I can create a placemark on a computer and navigate to it when I type the name in the search field. But when I enter the same unique name on Google Earth on a different computer, "we do not understand this location" is returned.

Does Google need to be contacted to put a location on the map?

Virginia

It sometimes takes some time. I have been more successful putting a business on Google Maps, https://www.google.com/maps/, and having that information carried over to Google Earth through the Google system data management. In other words, important markers you put on Google maps find their way to Google Earth.

If you are just wanting to find some personal places as you go from computer device to another, then you will need to set up a google account and create a saved locations in "My Locations" in Google Earth, or "Your Locations" in Google Maps.

Let me know if you have more questions.