What kind of spider is this?

Hello. We found this spider on the baseboard of our upstairs master bedroom behind our dresser. We live in Baltimore near Towson in a heavily wooded area. There is a creek in our backyard that runs the length of our neighborhood and beyond. We've had several days in a row of rain. I'm not sure how this spider got in but it certainly has freaked us out. I think it may be a fishing spider but I'm not sure and I want to know what we're dealing with. We have little children including a a toddler who is three years old. What is it? How could it have gotten into the house? Is there anything we can do to keep them out? Should we be worried? We've lived here 4 years and this may be the 2nd one I've seen. Please zoom in on the photo. That's as close as I was willing to get to this thing. Thank you for your help!

Baltimore County Maryland

Spiders are difficult to identify. However, this looks like a male spider and not poisonous. It may be a grass or wolf spider. When it rains, they will come inside out of the rain.
Spiders are beneficial predators and keep other pest insects in check. Here is more information about spiders and management on our website http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/spiders