English Daisy leaf damage

I have attached a photo of a leaf from my english daisy. As you can see something is causing damage to the leaf. It is quite wide spread, and some of the leaves are much worse than the one in the photo. Do you have any idea what might be causing this damage. Thanks, Eric

Clackamas County Oregon plant disease daisy horticulture

I consulted a plant disease specialist with your problem because I’m uncertain the plant name is correct. If this is Bella perennis (English daisy), it doesn’t get a disease like this.

To clarify the issue, please send several images, one of the planting and its surroundings, another of just one affected plant.

I look forward to receiving your images.

Here are 3 more photos of the plant with the problem.

Thank you for your additional images. They clearly display several things. First, that,yes, they are English daisy, Bellis perennis.

Second, that they have a roaring case of rust, a fungus disease which arrived in the US within the past 20 years.

The plants in the image are so heavily infected, it's wise to dig them out, wrap in newspaper and then, discard into the trash.

Conditions which encourage rust are dense plantings (yours isn't); poor air circulation; shade or minimal sunlight; excess humidity and/or moisture.

To avoid diseases, provide the best possible growing conditions for the plant(s) at hand. English daisy thrives in full sun; might that be missing? Another strategy is to use disease-tolerant kinds. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to locate such info for these daisies.