Best way to treat aphids on hop plant

I only have one hops plant that is on a trellis. This morning found lots of aphid on underside of plant. Should I just pull it out and start fresh? How do I prevent it from infecting other plants or if I get a new one. Thank you!

Deschutes County Oregon insect issues hops horticulture

Thank you for your question. I am assuming you have a hop aphid, which is described (along with some control recommendations) in this article. I'm afraid the chemical controls used by commercial hop farmers aren't available to home growers. You've missed the opportunity to spray while the plant is dormant, but you can still get some predatory beneficial insects, listed in the article. Since you don't have many plant, you can also try just blasting them off with a hose. Pulling them out and starting over won't solve the problem long term, and prevention is the delayed dormant-spray method. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!