Leaves turning brown on a newly planted hydrangea

I have attached a photo of this. I have several other plants that the same thing is happening to. I have seen a ladybug type insect but it has no dots on its wings. About the same size as a ladybug and orange color. Could this insect be eating these plants?

Montgomery County Maryland

This looks like an oak leaf hydrangea. In general hydrangeas can be susceptible to leaf spots. Some varieties are more resistant than others. The insect sounds incidental.
The leaf spots are generally nothing to be too concerned about and do not kill the plant. We do not recommend a chemical control. Hydrangeas in general grow best in morning sun and afternoon shade in a well drained soil with good air circulation.
Handpick affected foliage and dispose of if not that many leaves are showing symptoms. Pick up affected fallen leaves and discard.
Monitor the health of the shrubs and you can send us additional photos if symptoms progress.