Two Questions

I have two questions about the AAE site:

1). What is meant by the "handling rate" and how is it determined?

2). When I respond to a question posed to me, I am having difficulty in putting an image (JPG) into my response. Is this possible and if so, how exactly do I do this?

St. Louis County Minnesota

Hi Steve,

1) The definition of Handling rate is: "How likely will this person handle an assigned question? A high handling rate means they are likely to handle it. A low rate means someone else usually has to step in. There's a 24-hour grace period after a question is assigned. No penalties are recorded during the grace period."

2) You should be able to attach a JPG to your response by clicking the "browse" button and selecting the image you want. (I've attached one as an example.) What kind of problem/error are you getting when you do that?

Best,
Ben

Thanks for getting back to me.

With respect to the handling rate, your clarification was great.

When I attempt to insert an image, I click on "Choose File" and then I can select an image to insert. The name of this image then appears next to "Choose File". But then I don't know how to insert that image so it appears in my response. Perhaps it is inserted at the end of my response when I click on "post response"?

thanks, Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm glad the handling rate description was helpful. As far as images go, you are correct that they are added as attachments to the end your reply - you don't need to insert them in your actual reply. I hope that helps!
Best,
Ben

Makes sense to me. Just as a test regarding image insertion, I am going to try and add an image to this response to you.

Thanks
Steve

Looks good! I think you're all set. Let me know if you run into any other questions.
Thanks.
Ben

Ben:

Two other questions came to mind and this regards the handling rate. When I list out my answered questions, does this list include those questions that I had assigned to someone else or does it only include the questions for which i provided an answer to the sender? Secondly, if I reassign a question after the 24 hour grace period, how does this affect my handling rate?

Thanks again,
Steve

If you look at your metrics page, you'll see that "answered" is broken out separately from "assigned" and the catch-all action of "touched". There's a description at the bottom of the page which says, "*Touched counts every kind of question interaction (answering, assigning, tagging, locating, grouping, editing, etc.)"

If you reassign a question after the 24 hour grace period, it lowers your handling rate.
Best,
Ben

Hi Steve,

I gave you incorrect information in response to this question:
"Secondly, if I reassign a question after the 24 hour grace period, how does this affect my handling rate?"

If you reassign a question - at any point in time, whether an hour after the question comes in or a week later - it increases (positively affects) your handling rate.

I'm sorry for getting that wrong the first time!
Best,
Ben

Ben,

I was wondering about your response. For various reasons it did not make sense to me. Thanks for the clarification.

Steve