Deadheading a Hope for Humanity Shrub Rose

Three weeks ago I planted 3 Hope for Humanity Shrub Roses. The blooms have now begun to die and all information I have read tells me to deadhead the shrubs. What the information doesn't tell me is which method I should use to deadhead or how? Denise Karau 4130 Petunia Ave SE Rochester, MN 55904 dakarau@gmail.com

Olmsted County Minnesota roses deadheading flowers

Thank you for the question. I'm attaching information on the Hope for Humanity Shrub rose and a publication of how to, and reasons for, deadheading. I have pasted the basic "how-to" from the deadheading article here for you:

"Deadheading is a process of pruning by which old growth and seed heads are removed from the plant to promote new growth and re-flowering. Deadheading is very simple. As blooms fade, pinch or cut off the flower stems below the spent flowers and just above the first set of full, healthy leaves".

Thank you for contacting Extension.

Thank you this was very helpful.