Quick-growing privacy trees in partial shade

My neighbor elected to install an ugly fence my backyard and his. I want to block it from view as quickly possible by planting a wall of trees. The length of the section is about 38 feet, and it lies in partial sun--blocked by trees in my yard. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Hennepin County Minnesota tree recommendations horticulture living fence

You may want to consider putting in a row of viburnum. They are a native shrub and quite tolerant of various growing conditions. Arrowwood is one variety that will grow to 10 feet or so quite quickly if you don't prune it. You also could consider Capitata Yews. They look a lot like a Christmas tree and are suited to shade. They would need to be watered until the ground freezes each year to avoid winterburn. I don't know how available watering systems are for you by that fence. I would suggest you visit a full service garden center and browse the viburnums, read the labels. Then you could also look at the upright yews. Arborvitae would not work as they need more sun.