What are these plants?

Hello, can you tell me what these two plants are? The lobed plant is in our woods, and the plant with the thorns is in front of my house in the garden. Thank you.

Anne Arundel County Maryland plant identification natives blackberry oak oak seedlings

The first photo is blackberry. This is a native bramble, and the fruit is edible, but will sucker and spread. So if you don't want it there, dig or pull it out being sure to get all the main roots.

The second photo is an oak seedling. Possibly a swamp white oak. These are native trees and extremely beneficial to wildlife. Because of deer overpopulation, most tree seedlings of native trees are being eaten these days. Therefore, there are no young trees to replace trees that age and die. If possible, cage some of your seedlings until they get tall enough that deer won't eat them or rub off their bark and kill them.