I have a lot of wood bees and have been trapping them for removal. In the...

I have a lot of wood bees and have been trapping them for removal. In the last two years I have removed about 40 and released them in a wooded area about a mile and a half away. How far do they forage. Am I just retrapping the individuals. I know that honey bees will forage about a mile from the hive but can find no info on wood bees How far away would I have to release them so they will not return. I and on the Fulton/lucas county border but in Fulton co

Wood County Ohio

Large bees like carpenter bees have been known to travel as far as 6 miles. It's likely your trapped bees are finding their way back home. You could mark them with a dot of colored model paint or nail polish to identify them, and see if you're re-catching the same bees. This may be a game of tag for them.

You could also put them into soapy water to kill them, if that is your intention.