Why did the leaves stop growing on my Sienna Glen maple tree?

I have a Sienna Glen tree that I planted 6 years ago (it was balled and burlapped when I planted) where the leaves stopped growing this spring leaving only miniature leaves. All of the other maples in my yard have full-sized leaves at this point. I am wondering if the tree is dead and I should cut it down or if there is hope that it is still alive. Thanks in advance.

Washington County Minnesota

If you didn't remove the burlap from around the ball, the tree may now be root bound. Home and Garden has a site that discusses proper planting of a B&B tree.

Im pretty sure the installers put it in the ground with the burlap and wire cage. But it has lasted 6 plus years and I have 10 other trees that we're planted the same way at the same time and they are all doing okay. Is there anything else that could be causing this? And if the burlap is the cause, what are my options at this point? Thanks in advance.

At this point, can you wait to see if the tree will fully leaf out?