Hops plants

My hops plants have some yellow color on the leaf what causes this
My other plants a drak green so not all plants have a yellow color

Emmet County Michigan hops

Hi There,

There are a lot of issues that can cause leaf yellowing in hop. Please refer to the Hop IPM Field Guide here http://msue.anr.msu.edu/uploads/234/71503/Hop_Field_Guide_Third_Edition.pdf and hops.msu.edu for more information on management. You can also send me pics of the hop plant at taylo548@msu.edu.

here is a picture for you

Hi There,

It looks like Roundup damage to me--did you apply Roundup last fall or this spring?

my brother did this spring

A lot of times it will grow right through it--it is a serious issue on baby hops and with fall applications.

so the mature field so be ok but our new field might not do so well would this be a fair statement

Right—plants with more developed root area will keep pushing and produce healthy bones for training. Baby plants might only produce 6-10 bines before training has to take place in late May so if they are all affected at that time there are no options.