Home gardening -- tulip bulbs over the summer?

Tulip bulbs -- The tulips are done blooming for this year. I plant basil and other herbs in the same bed where I've had tulips. When I prepared the bed for the herbs, I (unintentionally) removed the tulip bulbs. Now what is the best thing for me to do with those bulbs for the next few months? (I am assuming I can plant the bulbs in October so the tulips will bloom again in spring 2019.) Thanks!

Montgomery County Maryland bulbs flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Generally, it is better to replant the bulbs right away rather than trying to store them over the summer. In storage, they can be susceptible to mold or desiccation unless you are able to maintain them at a temperature of 50-60F. If the bulbs were dug out before the foliage faded naturally, they may not recover well next year. The foliage allows for photosynthesis and enables bulbs to store energy for growth the next season.

ckc