Mushrooms in yard

Asked May 22, 2018, 5:12 PM EDT

I had some mushrooms I hadn't seen before come up after the rains, and I wanted to find out if they are toxic or harmless for the pets and kids. I have a few photos, but if those are not adequate I did put some of the mushrooms into a bag.

Frederick County Maryland

1 Response

Many mushrooms pop up in the yard during and after wet weather. We are not the authority on their toxicity. You would have to confirm it's identification with a mycologist or other local mushroom expert.
We suggest that you contact the Mycological Society of Washington D.C.

If you are concerned that children or your dog may eat it, scoop it up and discard in the trash.