Mole traps and poison pellets

1. What is (are) the most effective mole trap(s), in your experience? 2. I have a "Yard Butler Gopher/Mole Bait Applicator" https://www.yardbutlerstore.com/product/gopher-bait-applicator/ . In short, it is a pointed, hollow steel tube with a shuttered opening that opens/closes with a 180 degree turn of a crank. A reservoir holds about a cup of mole pellets. It pierces and drops a quantity of mole bait in a mole run. REAL EASY to use. Do you have an opinion on this sort of tool, and/or poison pellets for mole control in general?

Dakota County Minnesota mole control horticulture

I am a Master Gardener who answers questions online. I have never used a mole trap so I can't tell you what is best. If you are happy with what you have and it works I would say that's good. Poison pellets can be a problem for children and pets as well as other animals that you don't want to kill but if that isn't a concern then you can use them as the trap suggests.