problem with Red Bud tree

I have a hybrid Redbud tree that I planted about 5 or 6 years ago. While it has grown, it doesn't bloom well. There are areas on the tree, now that it has leafed out, that look like a twig and leaves have been broken off and left dangling. On closer inspection, there are tiny white bugs? eggs? on the dead leaves. Any help identifying and treating would be appreciated. I would like to treat as organically as possible to avoid harming pollinators and butterfly habitats.

District of Columbia redbud possible canker tree

Overall the tree does not look bad. The eggs on the foliage are incidental and not a reason for dieback. No control is necessary.
Redbuds are susceptible to a canker disease called Botryosphaeria. It can be common on stressed plants due to poor maintenance or site problems. Look along the branches for cracked bark and dead wood. There is no chemical control. All you can do is prune back to healthy wood. There is no chemical control. Monitor the health of the tree this growing season.
Water during dry periods and make sure mulch is no thicker than several inches and away from the trunk of the tree.
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/cankers-trees-and-shrubs