Is this poison ivy?

Is the large patch in the first picture poison ivy, or immature Boston ivy? We have Boston ivy growing all over the fence behind this patch, but I wasn't sure. For reference, the second picture is a single plant from another area of the yard that I'm fairly certain IS poison ivy, and its leaves look pretty different. Thoughts?

Allegheny County Pennsylvania horticulture

Hello, and thanks for using the Ask an Expert System,

Poison ivy is a plant that can display a wide variety of leaf characteristics. I am certan that the plant in the second photo is poison ivy. The first photo may be poison ivy, but I am less certain about its identification. I would recommend that you treat them both as poison ivy to be safe.

For more information see the Penn State Extension fact sheet Poison Ivy.

If you have additional questions, I suggest that you contact the Allegheny County Penn State Master Gardener Gardenline. This is a free service offered through the Penn State Extension Office to help Allegheny County residents with gardening questions and concerns. You can reach them by phone at 412-482-3476, or 412-482-3477, or by Email: Alleghenymg@psu.edu

Allegheny County Penn State Extension Office