Vegetable gardening in shade

I have a new home that does not have any locations where the sun shines 6+ hours like all of my seed packets suggest for planting. I have done my best to trim trees to allow for as much sunlight possible. A few questions: 1. What is likely to happen to my vegetable plants if they do not get enough sun? (leggy, low fruit production, ect) 2. If you could recommend edible plants that do well in this environment to plant extras of what would they be? 3. If you could recommend edible plants that I should NOT waste my time with, what would they be?

Scott County Minnesota

Vegetables that you grow for their leaves rather than fruit or roots will do fine in relative shade. They will be a bit thinner and not as robust, but still tasty. Veggies that you eat the fruit or root, like tomatoes, peas, beans, carrots, beets will not do well. They just won't get enough energy to produce fruit or substantial roots. I would avoid these. I've had luck with alpine strawberries in less than ideal light conditions, but larger strawberry varieties will not do well.

Here are some edibles you can try:
Herbs: Basil, chervil, chives, coriander, mints, parsley, sage and tarragon
Vegetables: leaf lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, and beet greens