Can I safely plant in soil treated with a selective postemergence herbicide (Fertilome)?

For a few years, I'd been battling a rather aggressive patch of Creeping Charlie in my yard trying several non-chemical approaches. Just when I'd seem to be winning, it'd creep up somewhere else (now I know how it got its name!) At any rate, a friend recommended I try Fertilome, which I was apprehensive about as I don't like using chemicals at all, but since other methods weren't working, I very carefully tried it, and it seems to be working. I won't plant edibles in that part of my yard, but I wonder: Is it safe to plant anything?? If I put perennials or annuals there, will the chemical leach into the pollen and affect pollinators? How long will the soil be toxic? Oooof. Having second thoughts about the Fertilome. Thanks for your help!

Hennepin County Minnesota

How soon one can plant is on the label. Do not plant before the time given or your transplants will be harmed. The chemicals you are worried about are insecticides. They harm pollinators and have been lumped under the name pesticide. Herbicides are a problem in run off and if they drift to desirable plants because they were applied on a windy day. Do not apply herbicides to weeds that are flowering to avoid harming bees. Mow off the flowers if the creeping Charlie flowers before it dies. The plants that are not grasses that have taken up the chemical will be dead and not harm bees. I rarely use chemicals except on creeping Charlie and bellflowers. I have had had good success with fertiliome and you may have to treat again in the fall. The most effective time to treat creeping Charlie is fall.