Asparagus

Any information on why my asparagus spears tends to seed even my spears isn't that tall I pick daily

Michigan asparagus

It could be the variety of asparagus but when seeding happens it indicates the plant is finished producing. If you think it is happening earlier than usual it could be related to weather conditions and the plant is responding to that stress by not producing any more. I am thinking these are mature plants and not a patch you have recently started?

Planted my patch last year wondering if I put to much fertilizer 20 10 20 and lime down

I planted jersey knight

After planting asparagus it is best to wait a minimum of two growing seasons before harvesting. Although it is hard to wait, this allows the plant to mature and be better producing in the long run. Cut the stalks at the end of the growing season after they are ferny - that growth contributes to the health of the roots. About fertilizer— if you did not do a soil test before planting it is hard to know what might be needed. Sorry I cannot make recommendations about fertilizer without a soil test.