Toxins in veggies and fruits

Is there a test for veggies and fruit to see if any toxins in the soil have transferred to them?

Saginaw County Michigan

Some independent labs can do these tests—-however, it is extremely expensive. Most commercial or community gardens test soil, not the produce and even then it is costly. If you are concerned and are growing veggies for your own consumption consider raised beds.

Say I would like to have a sample of my veggie harvest tested(like MSU did with the garden across from Hurley Hospital in Flint), where would I take it? How much does it cost? ECT?

I suggest you contact edibleflint at www.edibleflint.org to see if they can give you the information you are looking for. That organization runs the demonstration garden across from Hurley Hospital. Thanks.

My impression was that MSU did the testing for edible Flint, but yes I will go ahead and contact them thank you for the information I appreciate all your help.

You’re welcome. MSUE may have facilitated the testing but if it was only lead perhaps they did it in the lab.